Thursday, April 22, 2010

Prelude

Hi everyone, this is just a little piece that I wrote for solo piano. It's also the one that I am submitting to the Kiwanis Music Festival for composition. Here's the short blurb I had to write about it:
"Prelude is a short piece for solo piano. The theme is introduced in the opening bar, modified and developed, and then finally recapitulated near the end. It is largely inspired by the works of Scriabin and Rachmaninoff and should be taken at a moderate, very free tempo, using lots of rubato to convey the dark, mysterious feel."

Hope you enjoy it. By the way, if you can think of a more creative title for it, I would be forever grateful! Post them in the comments. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooo.......ILOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVEIT!!!!!
I can totally hear the Rachmaninoff in there LOL!
Nevara says: Its really good! But she can't think of a name LOL.
Darienne says: It's really pretty. I like it. But I think you should name it after whatever inspired you to write it.
I say: OH MY GOODNESS! THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!

-you'll never guess

arlene said...

It's just WOW!

Unknown said...

Very nice indeed, and yes I can hear a ton of Rachmaninoff in it, not sure if that is a bad thing, but its beautiful... or is it handsome?