Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My (little) facebook detox

Okay, so for this week (starting yesterday and ending next Monday), I have decided to stay off facebook. I had decided that facebook was just taking up too much of my time and sanity.

So I'm just taking a break. I got the idea from here, as two of my cousins posted (on facebook!) that they were "unplugging" for Digital Detox Week. I liked the idea, but because I am in the midst of doing Script Frenzy and because I am in the midst of rehearsals for three different plays, and the primary (and most convienent) method of scheduling rehearsals is via email, I decided that I wouldn't do that this week.

Now, obviously one week off of facebook isn't very impressive. Unplugging all your technology is impressive. What Jen, Grant and Ryhannon of the Clean Bin Project are doing is impressive. But it's feeling good.

Now, I'll just clarify. I do not hate facebook. I love facebook. I really do. Its fun, and makes it easy to connect with friends I haven't seen in a long time, or live far away from me. So this isn't a stand against facebook at all. Its just a way for me to take a break from something that was becoming too much of a time waster for me. But I'll be back.

Cheers,
Dan

No comments: