Thursday, January 7, 2010

Brainwashing

Well. After the overwhelming response to my last post, I can only guess that people don't like answering questions. Or don't like thinking about them (goodness, I hope it ain't so!). And that, my jolly friends, is precisely the topic of my post today. In my opinion, we don't think about big questions enough. We accept things too easily and move on to the next thing. After all, that's what our society teaches us to do. Fast food, disposable technology and and our whole obsession with "fast results" teach us to zoom through things without really taking notice about them. It's the same with ideas. We often don't think about them, and take them for granted, without putting them to a test and thinking for them for ourselves.  There are so many issues out there that people have opinions on, without really thinking through them and often without having researched for themselves. They've just heard them passed down from passed down from parents, friends, leaders etc. and never questioned them. Which is how brainwashing happens. Yay for our generation.

Think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Dan said...

Thanks! I'm really working on improving my writing, and taking more time to think through ideas, so it's nice to hear that it's starting to show!

Rain-girl said...

Ouch! Now I'm thinking...it hurts! Just kidding. :-) Good post!