Thursday, January 17, 2013

Steve, Jobs, but not Steve Jobs.

You didn't believe me when I said I was going to post once a week, did you?

Ha.

The past week has been good. My biggest news is that I have got a new job! In the past, I have been working for Safeway at a licensed Starbucks kiosk. It was a good job, I enjoyed it, and it was close enough to my house that I could walk to it (which was very important to me). However, given the choice, I would rather work in a corporate "stand-alone" Starbucks. But there wasn't one near my house. Until recently. A new store just opened! And conveniently, it is literally across the street from where I was working. So I applied, and got hired! I haven't started there yet, (just gave my 2-weeks at Safeway) but I'm excited! The manager seems great, I basically already know the job, and the perks are waaaay better. (WAAAAAY BETTER).

How's the reading going, you may ask? Well, I unfortunately had to return the Sondheim book to the library before I finished it, but I'm just to going to check it out again. In the meantime, I've been reading everything that I can get my hands on about Steve Reich. He's one of the world's greatest living composers, and there's like, a 95% chance that I'll be able to meet him in a few weeks. At any rate, I'll be in the same room with him. I can't even deal.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I still dont believe you since the last post was 5 months ago now!