Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Carpet, be gone!

I just finished ripping out the carpet in my bedroom today. I had this sickly bright blue carpet that was just horrible, and so I finally decided to take the time to take it out. It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. I probably took me no more than an hour between two days. But what a horrible, dusty job! The underlay stuff was disintegrating and so there was all this brown powder on the flooring beneath that would puff into the air. Horrible. But I finished and it looks great now! I have this light brown flooring underneath that doesn’t actually look too bad. My bookshelves are a light brown too, so it looks quite nice, and it really brightens up the room. And now I can just sweep it and it’s so easy to keep clean. Huzzah!

No comments: