Friday, July 10, 2009

MOVIE REVIEW: Slumdog Millionaire

I watched Slumdog Millionaire a few days ago. Check out the list of awards it was nominated for/won. (Source: Wikipedia)

2009 Academy Awards

To be honest, there was so much hype about the movie, that I was actually expecting something more. Don't get me wrong. I really, really liked the movie, but I was expecting (and hoping) to be blown away by it, and I wasn't. I don't think it's a masterpiece. But it's a beautiful story about a young man, who risks practically everything, and rises above his circumstances for the young woman he loves. It's worth seeing, and I'd recommend it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, it was amazing, but definitely not an "masterpiece" though it is definitely very much worth watching!
I would say an overall all of 7.5/10

Dan said...

I'd give it about the same rating.

Anonymous said...

I won't be able to give my rating for a while....still 257 in line...

-you'll never guess