Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Jasper part 2/4- Athabasca

So, on the second day, my dad and I decided to hike up to a little cliff that he calls "Little Athabasca". He calls it that because it has a great view of the wonderful Mt. Athabasca.

The photo below is a picture of my finger pointing to the cliff that we hiked up. I'm standing beside our car in the Columbia Icefields parking lot, and we hiked the rest of the way.
Here is close up of the cliff.
 
My dad hiking up. What you see in the photo is average terrain, and no, there wasn't really a path.
  
The wonderful Mt. Athabasca

 
There were some climbers coming down from Athabasca. Inspiring! I took some photos of them through my binoculars.

 
This is the stuff we were climbing up for the last part till the very top.
 
And without further ado- the view from the top.

A cool rock I found with a hole in it. No, I didn't take it home (it's a National Park)

Gotta love snow patches in summer.
 
I love the plant life that survives in the mountains way up high. Don't you sometimes feel like you're all alone in the wilderness?

 
  
The pictures just don't do it justice. It was just incredible. I'll probably post more photos from this hike, as it was so good. I think it was the best hike I've ever done.

No comments: