Tuesday, September 10, 2013

30A30D- Day 5- "Random Access Memories"- Daft Punk


"Random Access Memories" - Daft Punk

Okay, I've been meaning to listen to this album for a long time, and I am SO GLAD that I finally did. It's just so good. I've been trying to come up with exactly why it's so good, and to be honest (and I guess this is a cop-out answer), but I don't even know how to describe it. There's just something incredibly likeable about their songs. I just kept listening to it going, "man this is a great song, this makes me so happy," and one song after another just kept making me feel the same way. Their beats are sophisticated and slick. It's more than a dance album, but it made every fibre of my being just want to groove. And then there are songs like, "Touch," which pulse and gradually unfold in a beautifully satisfying way. The overwhelming sense I got was of just how good these musicians are. The whole thing is so mature and well thought out and smooth.  Favourite tracks: "Give Life Back to Music," "The Game of Love," "Giorgio by Moroder," "Within," "Instant Crush," and "Get Lucky." I started listening to it on Youtube, but after the first 6 songs, I just went and bought it off of iTunes because I was enjoying it so much, and I've been listening to it all evening.

No comments: