Saturday, August 22, 2009

BOOK REVIEW: How Doctors Think


So at at good friend's suggestion, I read How Doctors Think, by Jerome Groopman. I found it very interesting, and enjoyed it a lot. I'm a big nerd when it comes to books on psychology and how people think (which is why I find books by Malcolm Gladwell fascinating!). This one is pretty similar in thought process and in writing style. It offers some very interesting insights into what affects diagnoses and what can affect misdiagnoses. And it certainly isn't only for people in the medical field, or for those interested in the medical field. It gives lots of suggestions on how patients can help with diagnosing and questions to ask your physician. It's a good read. I'd recommend it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that the book you suggested to me?

Dan said...

I'm not sure, is it? I think I've recommended a lot of books to you recently. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you liked it!!!
Happy reading!

-you'll never guess