Sunday, August 23, 2009

My (temporary) facebook purge

If you're friends with me on facebook, you probably noticed that I'm taking a two-week break from facebook. I've done this once before (you can read about that here) but I did it for just a week then. So I'm going to quote some my post from then, as my reasons for leaving are largely the same.

"Now, I'll just clarify. I do not hate facebook. I love facebook. I really do. It's fun, and makes it easy to connect with friends I haven't seen in a long time, or live far away from me. So this isn't a stand against facebook at all. Its just a way for me to take a break from something that was becoming too much of a time waster for me"

And mainly, I've been feeling like I really need more time to read, think, observe, write and compose. And facebook is too much of a distraction from that. So goodbye facebook. I'll be back in two weeks. I'm still going to blog daily and email and all that, just...no facebook.

It feels good for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Dan!!!
Be strong!! (wink wink)

-you'll never guess

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read that post. Thank you for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read that article. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read more on that blog soon.