Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What have I been up to lately?

Well, for starters, I'm writing a whole bunch of music for a youth production of The Tempest with Celsius Youth Theatre which is the theatre company that I co-founded. I'm writing a fair amount of music, in a relatively short time, so it's rather challenging, but hey, deadlines are good. We're having some live musicians that will be playing the live music on stage with the production, so I think it will be really great. We have 1 bass guitarist, 1 classical guitarist, 1 violinist and 1 recorder. Funky combo, huh?

I'm also doing some reading. At Kelsey's suggestion via the comments section, I'm reading How Doctors think by Jerome Groopman. I'm finding it really interesting, and I'll be sure to post a review once I'm finished. I'm also reading Richard II by Billy Shakespeare. I've only just started reading it, but again I'll post a review when I'm done.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Ok, I was totally sure I commented on this! Weird.
Anyway, good luck with all the music and stuff! And yeah, I'll look forward to reading your book review when it's up.

Rain-girl said...

That sounds really neat! I'd love to come see one of the performances sometime...I may just have to roadtrip to Edmonton sometime!