Friday, August 7, 2009

What do you do with the time that you've got?

There's a line that's repeated a lot in the songs of the musical RENT, (which is quite possibly my favorite musical ever) that says "no day but today". It's kind of like the "motto" of the show, which is all about making the most of the time that you have on earth.

So, what do you do with the time that you've got?

It's a question that I've been thinking about, because I don't know if I'm really living or not, you know? I mean, I love life, and I'm really very happy, but I'm always wondering if I'm really making the most of my life. What can I do differently? What can you do to really live? Maybe it has something to do with learning to notice every single aspect of your life, and realize that they all come together to make this moment, and then be able to appreciate the moment, not label it for good or bad, but just to appreciate that it is.

Daniel, once more thinking out loud.

Wait, did any of that actually make sense at all?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about that since, well now that I think about it, since I saw RENT. I still haven't quite figured it out, but I am trying to train myself to find the best in every situation and then learn to enjoy it. This is a meaning of life question, that I think no one will understand until it's over, because there is always something you didn't do that would make your life "better" (include every definition of better). I hope this makes sense....

-you'll never guess

Anonymous said...

well you could value your life more if you went skydiving!