Monday, August 10, 2009

Folk fest

For the past couple days, I've been attending a Folk Music festival. I mean they call it that, but it's really not limited to folk music at all. You'll hear bluegrass, country, blues, celtic etc. It's great. I've been attending every year for 16 years, which I think is pretty good, seeing as I'm only 16 anyway. Anyway, it was a great festival, I heard some incredible music, and I'm very inspired by what I heard musically.

I was also inspired by something I heard from a little boy. He was probably about six years old. I was sitting on the hill on my tarp, when he and his family walked by. The mom and the dad were looking around and discussing the best place to lay their tarp down. Then the little boy said
"Mom, it looks like they put a lot of work into this, so let's just enjoy it."
It was completely adorable. But more importantly, I think he unknowingly hit right on the head, exactly what I trying to say in this post. I really think that one of the important things about living life is realizing that circumstances are not either good or bad, but simply are and if we simply appreciate them for what they are, we'll be a lot happier with our lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww.....kids say the darndest things. :0)

Sometimes I think we get less smart as we get older...or maybe less wise. Anyways kids seem to have it all figured out.

-you'll never guess